Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Je ne sais pas (I don't know), a lyric by Alan Ewing

 






Je ne sais pas (I don't know)
 by Alan Ewing




I'll go my way 
You go yours
We both have a say
As we close the door

And so on I go
As she goes on too
Break-ups are just so
Could it have grown?
Who's to say?

Je ne sais pas
I don't know, I don't know
I don't know
What could have been
Je ne sais pas

Love's labour lost
Amongst the loss
Take the road 
At great cost

Take a way
Out of trouble's woes
Find another day
To rake over the coals

Je ne sais pas
I don't know, I don't know
I don't know
What could have been
Je ne sais pas

To the end of all days
Will be remembered ways
Such friends to see
Lest was not to be
In the days of glory
 Will be found the story
And discover
The ending
Of a love
That lies pending

Embers still flicker
In the fading fire
Love still a giver
In the form of desire

Come the raging storm
Is held a little flame
Solace becomes the norm
The candle flickers again

Je ne sais pas
I don't know, I don't know
I don't know
What could have been
Je ne sais pas



copyright dewyswriter 2026






No comments:

Post a Comment