Late Summer Writing 2026
by Alan Ewing
Clair de Lune
Whenever I am troubled, whenever weary.
I will find my home in Moonlight.
If I had no home, and I would roam,
then it would shine bright.
If I ever sought a stranger, then
it would be Moonlight true.
As they say in French; Clair de Lune.
For you know, I will always find solace
In this special place
All of my troubles melt away
As Moonlight comes my way
Whenever I am troubled, whenever weary,
Then it arrives to save the day.
When I'm Sixty-Five
When I'm sixty-five
No longer sixty-four
I'll still be full of mischief
With knocking on your door
For I can never grow up.
It's a condition you see.
One that gets me into trouble
And one that is very unique to me
Always getting caught down the pub
Six pints and a few JDs too
I'll be for it before I hit the sack
Not so much rolling pin for cricket bat
So I'll sleep upon a park bench
Till wifie-pops has calmed down a bit
I could still try to fix again her fuse
Though she would simply see it as a ruse
When I'm sixty five
No longer sixty four
I'll still be very naughty
Of this you can be assured
copyright dewyswriter 2026



No comments:
Post a Comment