Lamented Writings
by Alan Ewing
About God
It came from a strange place
Now I don't know what to say
A trip through cyber-space
And so to another day
So you are scared of emotional dysfunction
And your God is better than my God
Oh you're such a fairweather friend
Faith is something that needs to be tested
God's Love in not just written in words
It is within the heart
I see truth in all human beings
To feel compassion is to know God's Love
God is Love
All about Grace
The written word
Not the only place
It's all about love
On The Bus
So I hopped on the bus, I made it only just
Showed off by over-60, pass, I didn't have to pay
I sat at the back and people yapped
The engine groaned as the road began to wind
I reached my destination, there would be no procrastination
I'd set out my plans, and go for the job with both hands
There was a spring within my step, I'd really done my prep
I walked into the room, feeling that the time would be soon
The Journey had begun with hope, finally feeling off the ropes
To the library for a book, and then later I would look
For the news from the NHS, that I indeed had passed the test
That a job was there for me, that I was rescued from the sea
All at once the bus did halt, dreaming its way to the stop
And on this bus she was bound, the one who my soul had known
A soul-mate in a trance, who to the back did not give a glance
The gnawing pain returned again, as back into my heart it came
The day would end with words unspoken, as my love was completely broken
And for the present more bad news, she got married to add to my blues
Now time ticks on with each second, and all these events will be reckoned
My small pen writes these words. though a larger voice has been heard
A Bit Of Umpty
Shame about the weather - so put on some leather
Let's get warm - and beat the storm
It's getting very cold - so let's be bold
Slip into your gear - I want to feel you near
You ring my bell - so let's kiss and tell
So let's take a risk - my mask may slip
Shakespeare in the air - let's take a dare
You have my sex - it's very X
Such a shy boy - and his little toys
God created this - with a smile and a kiss
Knock on my door - we'll have some more
Our bodies as one - my mind has gone
Then we wake up - for another shake-up
I feel you close - I am comatose
A man's release - some more please
Two bodies as one - when all is done
Here I Sit
here I sit
in-between wake and sleep
thoughts so shallow and yet so deep
lie on my pillow and look for sleep
fuck it all I cannot sleep
into my mind
life and dreams in reverse
dreams becoming more real than life
dreams speak of reality
copyright dewyswriter 2026





No comments:
Post a Comment