Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Is this the day that I die? by Alan Ewing







Is this the day that I die? 
by Alan Ewing




Well I might die today; be with my family again
Away from my emotional pain
Back together again, with love around
Oh Sisters, Mum and Dad
To be with you I would truly be glad

Though I must live on, for I must do that
In my little so-so 'that'
Has to be seen out until the very end itself
Until life has nothing left

Oh, I am sure that death has a date waiting for me
And oh, we shall see
It might even be so full of hearsay
On Shakespeare's birthday

So would I care if I died today and no more
Well, I'd enter another door
I would simply step into my true belief
This would bring me relief

So do I want to die today: to be with my family again
All around me, in human gain
So I hope that the day is staved off for a while
So that Eternal Life, I can learn like a child


copyright dewyswriter 2026

No comments:

Post a Comment