Early Autumn Writing
by Alan Ewing
Je ne sais pas (I don't know)
by Alan Ewing
I'll go my way
You go yours
We both have a say
As we close the door
And so on I go
As she goes on too
Break-ups are just so
Could it have grown?
Who's to say?
Je ne sais pas
I don't know, I don't know
I don't know
What could have been
Je ne sais pas
Love's labour lost
Amongst the loss
Take the road
At great cost
Take a way
Out of trouble's woes
Find another day
To rake over the coals
Je ne sais pas
I don't know, I don't know
I don't know
What could have been
Je ne sais pas
To the end of all days
Will be remembered ways
Such friends to see
Lest was not to be
In the days of glory
Will be found the story
And discover
The ending
Of a love
That lies pending
Embers still flicker
In the fading fire
Love still a giver
In the form of desire
Come the raging storm
Is held a little flame
Solace becomes the norm
The candle flickers again
Je ne sais pas
I don't know, I don't know
I don't know
What could have been
Je ne sais pas
Let It Rain
Bring it on down
No more clowns
Please God
Let it rain
Let It rain
Let It rain
I don't believe
Hard to conceive
Please Lord
Let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain
Song of yesterday
As I now pray
My Messiah
Let it rain
Let it rain
Let It rain
A second chance
For such romance
Dear God
Let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain
Person to be
So close to me
Oh my Lord
Let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain
Love so lost
At great cost
Oh my Saviour
Let It rain
Let it rain
Let it rain
I give tears
Masks my fears
Oh Holy One
Let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain
copyright dewyswriter 2026



No comments:
Post a Comment