Sunday 25 August 2024

A Two Paragraph Story and A Jotting, with videos (3) by Alan Ewing















A Two Paragraph Story and A Jotting, with videos (3)


 by Alan Ewing

















Birkenhead Invasion

Another day in Birkenhead town centre. This, the one-time home of Wilfred Owen, Paul O’Grady, Patricia Routledge and Glenda Jackson. With Birkenhead Park the template for New York Central Park.  Preachers on the streets as always, together with Army stalls and people selling Talk Talk. Always the street musicians are out twanging their take on life. But this was to be no ordinary day in Birkenhead.

The first thing that changed was the vibrant animation of the town. Everything became still. The sound of engines buzzing began to sound. People became fearful. Was this an invasion of some kind? Panic was in the air for a minute or two. Then they appeared overhead. Twelve glorious World War Two Spitfires on their way to give salute to Cammal Lairds Shipyard. Birkenhead gave a sigh of relief. 







Nuts


Now I know I'm bloody nuts

Now no time for any buts

I'm just insane and I love it

Because I am never above it


Just keep on being crazy me

Just the way I'm meant to be

My friends those who accept me

And they would never bereft me


And if this sounds like looney tune

Then it is for I am the biggest loon

For what does it mean to be sane

Other than playing a crazy game





copyright dewyswriter 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment