Sunday 11 August 2024

A new two paragraph story, & a jotting, with videos, by Alan Ewing













A two paragraph story, a jotting with videos, 
by Alan Ewing






Double Trouble 
( a new two-paragraph story)




When Lisa came home that night, Tim was astounded at how her mood had changed from earlier in the day. They had had another of their furious rows. It just felt as though their marriage was doomed to failure. The night that ensued in the bedroom could not have been better. They fell asleep in each other's arms at 6am. At 8am Tim was awoken by a loud knocking on the front door.
He was surprised to be in bed alone. He threw on a dressing gown to open the front door. In walked Lisa in her work uniform. She had told her identical twin sister, Maybelline, to let him know that she was working overnight and had given her the house keys so that Maybelline could make dinner for Tim. Time sank to his knees. Lisa reached for her phone to call her solicitor.  





Musing About The Muse (a jotting)




I could write a polemic about the current world economy
I'd rather write nonsense as that kind of thing concerns me
I could sit and write a treatise full of my political views
I'd rather listen to Radio 3 than get distracted by the news
I could always turn to the past with its dust and cobwebs
Create a story in which the living finally meet the dead
That would leave the present with nothing to be said
Writing talks to the current time in many books I've read




copyright dewyswriter 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment