Monday 24 April 2023

I Sauntered Alone, Along The Walk Way (a tribute to the humble Dandelion) by Alan Ewing

 

 

 

 

 

 I Sauntered Alone Along The Walk Way
(a tribute to the humble Dandelion) by Alan Ewing


 

 

I sauntered alone, along the walk way
All at once, a sight brightened my day
For there, they were, a sight to behold
Their yellow shining in the sun like gold
 
They really took my breath away
It felt that they had a lot to say
They shimmered in the slightest breeze
Giving the eye so much to please
 
Unheralded, as they line our paths
Never worthy of a glance
But to me they are life itself
Who could wish for anything else?
 
And so I make my case for them
As flowers bloom upon their stem
Who is to cast them as a weed?
When God has scattered such a seed
 
Beautiful Dandelion, flowers so bright
To live life you have every right
To bring beauty into concrete misery
You mean everything to me
 

 

copyright dewyswriter 2023

 

 

 

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment