Monday 15 July 2019

It's All Over (Not Out) a Cricket metaphor for a relationship lyric by Alan Ewing









IT"S ALL OVER (NOT OUT)
A cricket metaphor for a relationship
by Alan Ewing



You played the game of the spinning bowler
I knew how to respond with each Over
I hit some fours and scored some single runs
Playing batsman to your bowler was such fun

Leg Before Wicket was how you played your game
The purest oak bat could never hide your shame
My feeling was good as I caught you out
The sound of "Howzat" resounding with a shout

The stuff of your second innings went through the air
It was then a simple decision for me to declare
So I finished the Test match with a flourish and warm stout
And it was really very English to say "I'm not out"

It felt so good on the winning Over, I felt like English Summer was nobler
I felt like walking all over clover, the second innings really did the trick


copyright dewyswriter 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment